Saturday, March 6, 2010

Okay, prepare yourself for some oldies!


Good evening, all! Though my piece de resistance is yet to be posted (I shall do so soon, it's a big task!), I am going to share with you the tiramisu I made for my dads birthday last September!
I'm not SO great at remembering, but since I had posted it on facebook, me from the past was kind enough to write down what I had done...

Alrighty, here is the basic layering structure, going from top to bottom:
- Grated dark chocolate
- Ricotta cheese/chocolate/vanilla extract/icing sugar
- Espresso and brandy soaked in finger biscuits
- Cream
- Ricotta cheese/chocolate/vanilla extract/icing sugar
- Espresso and brandy soaked in finger biscuits
- Cream
- Ricotta cheese/chocolate/vanilla extract/icing sugar

PHEW! Wow, I forgot how detailed that thing was!
Anyway, I just chilled it and served! Very nice but perhaps I had used too much brandy. It can be a touch too bitter, but if you're into that kind of thing, then pour away!
Usually, I'll post the recipe and cite where I got it from, but for this, I really have no clue, it was too long ago... I will however try to find it if anyone wants a crack at it, so stand by!
Anyway, tiramisu can be done in a whole bunch of ways, but that was just my go at it!

Alrighty then, have a good evening! More to come!

~ "Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing" - Walt Kelly

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm...that looks heaps good! my sister friend uses marscapone instead of ricotta!!

    ReplyDelete